FUNDAMENTAL BRITISH VALUES WITHIN PENDLE COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE
- Right from wrong both in personal actions and the actions of others,
- Tolerance of others including those who have different opinions and beliefs,
- Respect for others and their way of life.
For each individual pupil/student we aim to:
- Maximise their self-esteem, academic self-esteem and self-confidence both within school and the wider community
- Maximise their understanding of harmony between people and within a community
- Enable them to partake in democratic processes at their level of understanding and advocate for those who require a voice in the democratic process
- Maximise their understanding of their community, the institutions within the community and the role of members of that community. In addition how they, as an adult, can influence who makes decisions within a community and the country at large.
Through a whole school approach and as part of PSHE and Skills for Life lessons we develop our pupils understanding of:
- How rules and laws protect people and their well-being, keeping them safe.
- How within any diverse community the rules and laws allow people freedom of choice and freedom of belief.
- How within any community friends, colleagues and neighbours can hold different beliefs on many issues but these should be tolerated
- How we can all prevent discrimination.
Within school we have 2 active school councils and regularly seek pupil feedback via questionnaires and question and answer sessions. Our regular newspaper ‘Fabulous School’ seeks interviews with staff and shares information from the community. Our community visits ensure pupils see different aspects of the community in which they live and also experience Lancashire, England and European cultures.
Click here to view our activities which promote british values and SMSC.
Pendle Community High School & College
Pendle Vale Campus, Oxford Road, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 8LF
Tel: 01282 682260
Receptionist: Chelsea Watson
Chair of Governors: Trevor Ashton (Address c/o above)