PCHSC recently signed a lease to take over Williams Hall, Nelson. We plan to transform this space into a community hub to achieve the following goals:
PROVIDE A COMMUNITY CAFÉ
- Use locally sourced food as well as food grown by the students to produce high quality meals.
- Ask for donations instead of charging set amounts to ensure we reach as many people as possible in this disadvantaged area.
- Bring together members of the Pendle community, including those who are at risk of isolation or disadvantage, as well as those who have, or are supporting an individual with special educational needs or a disability.
- Provide employability, volunteering/work experience opportunities to the students who attend Pendle Community College who have special educational needs or a disability.
- Students will achieve qualifications they may not otherwise have access to such as catering, hospitality and cleaning.
OPEN A COMMUNITY CHARITY SHOP
- Provide space for the DT department ‘The Workshop’ to sell the items they make as part of their lessons and expand their online Etsy business.
- Provide a ‘charity shop’ where people can come and exchange clothing, school uniform etc. or buy second hand clothing at low prices.
PROVIDE SPACE FOR LOCAL COMMUNITY GROUPS TO MEET
- Be a base for parent/carer events and our annual community events such as the Chrismas Market.
- Open up the building for community use for group meetings, events etc.
Pendle Community High School & College
Pendle Vale Campus, Oxford Road, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 8LF
Tel: 01282 682260
Headteacher: Debra Grogan
Chair of Governors: Trevor Ashton (Address c/o above)
Receptionist: Samantha Gray (M,T,W)
Rebecca Brown (T,F)
CONNECT WITH US
Paper copies of the information on our website can be requested via email.