Teacher with TLR 2:1 – Post 16+
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Pendle Community High School and College are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and outstanding teacher with additional Teaching and Learning Responsibilities (TLR) for Post 16+, to join the extended leadership at our highly successful secondary special school and college for generic learning difficulties. We currently have around 130 students on roll (ages 11 -19), with a combination of moderate, severe and profound learning difficulties, including autistic spectrum disorders and other associated needs.
Pendle Community High School is situated in purpose-built accommodation, co-located with a mainstream secondary school, providing a wealth of opportunities for social and educational inclusion.
The successful candidate would be joining a highly committed and dynamic staff team making a real difference to the lives of young people with special educational needs.
The post holder would be expected to lead outstanding teaching and learning (with up to eighty percent timetable commitment).
The TLR post will have the following responsibilities across college:
- Undertake lead responsibility for Vocational Education (including work experience and careers).
- Lead practitioner for delivery and implementation of Post 16+ curriculum and overseeing associated accreditation.
- Effective day-to-day management of staff teams across college (e.g. oversight, monitoring and quality assurance of planning, marking and annotation, IEP targets, Annual Review comments etc).
- Oversee /support moderation of assessment and input of progress data to our bespoke assessment tool ‘Onwards-Upwards’ including literacy and numeracy.
- Contribute to the induction and line management of non- teaching staff.
The post holder will also be an active member of the Extended Leadership Team (alongside SLT), and be engaged in a range of associated projects, whole school /college initiatives and improvement.
If you are keen to embrace a middle leadership role and feel you have the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience in both leadership and special educational needs within a special school setting, this post may be a fantastic opportunity for you.
Informal, pre-application visits are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning Joanna McCullough – HR Administrator on 01282 682266.
Closing date: Monday 13th May 2019 (5pm)
Interview Date: Weds 22nd May 2019
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a ‘disclosure’.
Completed applications must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 – details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the Chair of Governors c/o school address by Friday 10th May 2019